Innovation of Ameri-Can
Leading the way in portable sanitation trailers
Ameri-Can has been built on a history of innovation and craftsmanship. Hundreds of team members over millions of hours have put their skill and ingenuity into every trailer we craft. Our mission of making a positive impact on those we serve can be seen in the continued investment in our product, our people, and our community.
- 1988 – The first manufacture for the sole purpose of building mobile sanitation trailers
- 1988 – The first trailer to include a sound system, an AM/FM Cassette with Auto Rewind!
- 1989 – Produce the first full climate controlled restroom trailer with Heat, Air Conditioning and tank insulation
- 1989 – Our option list includes an extendable awning for the first time
- 1990 – A time of international expansion with trailers shipped to Canada, Europe, South American, and the Middle East
- 1990 – Production moves from Elkhart, IN to Rochester, IN
- 1990 – Our first mobile Decontamination trailers are built and continue today
- 1990 – We begin production of our portable toilet hauler series, the Toter.
- 1990 – Design and build exterior hand wash sinks on the exterior of restroom and shower trailer
- 1990 – We begin installing baby change stations in restroom trailers
- 1991 – The first Drug Screen trailer is built to be used as a mobile lab
- 1991 – Production begins of the narrow body “Dooley” series
- 1992 – Purchase of manufacturing facility in Argos, IN.
- 1992 – Our first trailers with hot water and potable fresh water options are released
- 1992 – A true ADA solution is developed with our Hydro/Electric Lift Room Trailers.
- 1992 – Our first shower trailer is produced, an 824 Shower
- 1993 – The Park Plaza line of stationary restroom solutions begins production
- 1994 – The industry first “Kneeling” ADA unit is designed, bringing a smaller accessible unit to market
- 1997 – Our upscale luxury Royale series of trailers are introduced
- 1997 – The first Combo trailer combining a shower, sink, and toilet
- 2000 – We double a production space with the addition of a new building
- 2002 – Our first mobile lab trucks are built. Adding the capability to build on truck chassis as well as our frames
- 2004 – The Traditional line of commercial grade trailers are released
- 2005 – Another expansion, this time adding a coating facility for the frames and Rhino Lining
- 2012 – Our designer floor plan is released at “The Pumper Show”, the Limited with cathedral restrooms
- 2015 – The “Pro Series” of commercial pods are designed offering crane and fork lift models
- 2015 – A “Petite Suite” restroom trailer is donated to PSAI
- 2016 – The Cottage Restroom Trailer is released featuring real Cedar Shake siding and board and batten interior trim
- 2017 – Our popular Veranda is reintroduced with modern LED lighting and modern interior decor
- 2019 – Expansion of warehouse space and shipping for parts department bringing quicker turn around
- 2020 – Our first “smart trailer” with an IoT system is released at WWETT 2020
- 2021 – Creation of Factory Service Center with additional acreage, square footage, and technicians